- 220 g Digestive biscuits
- 200 g Caramel Condensed Milk
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 200 g Mini Easter eggs
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 40 g Maltesers
- 100 g for Milk chocolate for covering
- 40 g Maltesers for decoration
Preparation time: 10 min
Rest time: 90 min
Serves: 14 pieces
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the Milk Chocolate and butter in a pan simmering over another pan of hot water. ( Double boiler method). Once melted, stir the condensed milk and mix well.
3. Meanwhile get help from the kiddos in roughly breaking the digestive biscuits & chocolate easter eggs into small odd sizes. Do not crush it into a powder.
4. Stir the chocolate mixture onto the digestives mixture and stir well until well coated. Add the Maltesers and stir well again.
5. Spoon the mixture into the lined baking pan.
6. Now melt the reserved chocolate for coating and cover them. Decorate them with the reserved Maltesers and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. I let the Chocolate Fridge Cake set for about 4 hours plus before we actually delved into them.
- Always gather your ingredients before you start making this chocolate fridge cake.
- Use Double Boiler method to melt the chocolate.
- Remember to keep the moisture away and use dry hands while handling chocolate.
- It’s preferable to use a sharp knife to obtain neat slices of the cake, instead of butter knife. Let the adults do this job!
- Allow the no bake refrigerator cake to set completely, before slicing.
We hope you enjoy this tasty treat! Read more from Sandhya's Kitchen at www.sandhyahariharan.co.uk.
Leave a comment